HYS thanks you for volunteering as a Head or Assistant Coach this season! Below are some key guidelines and expectations of our coaches.
- All coaches must complete MYSA Coaches Requirements including Adult Registration, SafeSport and Concussion trainings to coach for HYS. These are all outlined in the Coaching Checklist Tab.
- HYS has adopted the BAYS Zero Tolerance Policy for all teams. Coaches, players, parents and guests are expected to uphold this policy and respect the referee regardless of their age or experience
- Equipment requests can be made to the HYS equipment manager by contacting your AGC.
- Coaches must wear MYSA Credentials at all team practices and games, please see the Coaches tab for more information.
- One team practice per week which coach must attend.
- Curriculums are provided in the Coaches Toolkit!
- A Revolution Academy Coach may be assigned as a resource at your practices every week or every other week depending on availability.
- Skills Training and additional training opportunities are available to observe (Optional).
- All coaches must complete the MYSA Coaches requirements to participate in games.
- All Coaches must have MYSA Adult Credentials at all coaching activities.
- No more than 3 coaches can be on the sideline at anytime.
- BAYS Coaches are responsible for having their Adult Credentials and 2 copies of the roster to start games.
- Promptly report scores to the section captain for each game to avoid forfeit fines.
- Coaches should confirm game time/location weekly with the opposing coach via BAYS email.
- Adhere to competitive continuum outlined on Development Pathway Tab under About Us.
- Adhere to 'Lopsided Games' guidelines to ensure a positive experience for all.
- Please submit referee feedback - both positive and constructive via the BAYS website.
- Rescheduling HOME games should be coordinated by submitting requests to [email protected].
Coach Toolkit and Education
- HYS will lead coaches meetings prior to each season outlining expectations.
- Director of Coaching will offer multiple classroom and on field education sessions.
- Coaches toolkit provides curriculum support as well as game day resources.
a) Players by Age (1) All players age 10 years old and younger, regardless of what age group program they are playing in, shall not engage in heading either in practice or in games.
b) Programs by Age Group (1) All players in single year age groups of U11 programs and younger shall not engage in heading either in practice or in games. (2) All players in dual year age groups which incorporate a U11 program (e.g. U11/12) shall not engage in heading in games.
Training is permissible:
for player age 11 and 12 per limitations noted below. Limited Heading in Practice, No Limit in Games a) Players by Age (1) For all players between the ages of 11 and 13, heading training will be limited to a maximum of 30 minutes per week with no more that 15‐20 headers per player, per week. No limit of heading in games.
The season is scheduled to last 10 weeks. Once schedule is received, any changes to the schedule must be approved by the AGC.
In case of rain or wet field conditions on Saturdays, the website (www.hopkintonsoccer.org) will be updated by 7:15am for all games starting up to and including 11:30am. There will be a second update at 10:30am covering all games starting at 12:00 or later. If the fields are open but appear to be in poor condition, the referee is responsible for determining if the games will be played.
Teams should practice only at their assigned time and field. If you need to cancel practice notify your players as early as possible. If you arrive at the field and the conditions are poor, use your judgment to decide whether to hold practice that day.
All players MUST wear shin guards to all practices and games. Shin guards must be covered by socks. A HYS jersey is required for all games.
Absolutely no jewelry, headbands (cloth acceptable), or hair beads are allowed on the field at any time. No exceptions. Please let your parents know ahead of time. Referees are instructed to prevent any player from playing who does not follow these rules as they pose a danger to both themselves and others. Do not ask referees to make an exception.
Absolutely no casts are allowed on field at any time. No exceptions. Please let your parents know ahead of time. Referees are instructed to prevent any player from playing who does not follow these rules as they pose a danger to both themselves and others. Do not ask referees to make an exception.
All games will have referees certified by the Massachusetts State Referee Committee. Please be respectful of them and their decisions. We strive to provide excellent officials. Please go to our website and give us feedback on the referee each week.
Year End Evaluations
Player evaluations should be completed by the end of the season. These are vitally important for team placements in the following season so please give these some time. Evaluation forms can be found on-line or by your AGC or [email protected].
HAVE A GREAT SEASON!!!