Last season the HYS community was once again phenomenal in taking part in a program very close to my heart and that of our partner the New England Revolution. Hopkinton Youth Soccer raised just over an astonishing $5000 for Touches For C.H.A.N.G.E. This program greatly impacted and improved the quality of access to soccer and youth sport for children not as privileged as our own.
We are thrilled to announce that Touches for C.H.A.N.G.E. has launched for its third season! The New England Revolution’s fundraising program has returned to raise funds for Boston Centers for Youth & Families as well as increase awareness surrounding New England’s Black History. After phenomenally successful 2021 and 2022 campaigns that raised $30,000 and $20,000 respectively (of which HYS raised over $11,000 total!) we are aiming to match and exceed that total this year. The funds raised will support BCYF youth participants with new soccer equipment and BCYF locations with soccer goals at future C.H.A.N.G.E. Clinics.
The official program will run from February 20 - February 25. Similar to previous years, individuals can donate, or create an individual or team page to fundraise. For each day during the week, there will be a set number of touches to perform on a soccer ball that correlates to a number of significance in New England Black History. Participants will also be able to complete a “Why I am completing my touches” sign to share on social media. Any program content on social media can be supported with #TouchesForChange.
To summarize – there are 3 ways to be involved:
- FUNDRAISE! Click here to join the Hopkinton Youth Soccer Team! We would love to see as many HYS players, parents, coaches, referees and fans as possible join the fun!
- DONATE! Click here to make a donation to the Hopkinton Youth Soccer Page! Any donation is hugely appreciated and a small amount can help supply equipment and change young players lives.
- TAKE PART! Download your poster and touches sheet in February, complete the challenges in and post on social media using #TouchesForChange to help raise awareness.
Registration for the Spring 2023 HYS season opened on November 15th for the Foundations, Town and Travel Programs. Players interested in the Travel Program must register during the registration period (11/15-12/13) to be considered for a team and avoid late fees. The Foundations and Town Programs' registration will remain open until 1/31/23 before late fees are applied. To read more about our programs, visit the 'Programs' tab in the main toolbar.
- Travel Registration Period 11/15-12/13
- Foundations and Town Registration Period 11/15-1/31/23
- Foundations Program- includes KickStart (4 years old) and Kindergarten (5 years old).
- Town Program- includes 1st grade and the 2nd/3rd grade players
- Travel Program- includes 3rd - 8th grades
- Foundations Program players receive a uniform t-shirt included in their registration fees. Coaches distribute the first week of the season.
A few reminders:
- KickStart players must have turned 4 years old by 9/1/22 and Kindergarten players must have turned 5 years old by 9/1/22.
- 3rd grade players can register for the 2nd/3rd grade Town Program OR the 3rd Grade Travel Program.
- Players new to the Travel Program must purchase a uniform. Contact [email protected] to be assigned jersey number. After receiving a jersey number, HERE is the link to the ordering site. Use HOPKINTONREWARD code at checkout for 10% discount. Returning players can use their uniforms from the Fall 2022 season.
To register after November 15th, click the 'Register here!' button on the homepage and login to your family account.
If you have any questions regarding the Registration process, please email [email protected]